Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Wedding Shower Tricks

To tag onto my previous post, I have a couple tricks to share. These are easy crafts that added great touches to the shower.

Food Pedestal
I couldn't find any cute pedestal's that weren't going to put a dent on the budget, so the only alternative was to create my own. I spent roughly $15.00 maximum to make both of these! I found these cute pink plates from the Spring Collection at Hobby Lobby on sale for $2.00 a piece! I bought two clear candle sticks, 50% off and at two different heights, also from Hobby Lobby. 




At first I was going to use some heavy duty glue to attach the plates to the candle sticks, but wasn't sure I wanted them to be permanent, so I used Velcro! This was a great way to temporarily use these as food pedestals. I used the Velcro dots, applying three pieces on the plates and three pieces on the candle sticks.


Here is the finished product! It worked great! 


Thank You Sign

Here is a great trick for wood products. To create my wooden thank you sign I bought a natural wood piece from Hobby Lobby. I used a roller to apply the grey acrylic mixed with a little bit of a clear stain to paint my first coat. 



I did not completely saturate the wood. I left areas unfinished to give it a more of a distressed look. 


I then used this paint brush to whisk streaks of white paint. 



To apply your letters you will need to print off your words on your home printer. Make sure you're words are backwards! Place ink side down over your wood and use the bold end of a sharpie to press as firmly or as lightly as you want. Your words will "magically" appear on the wood! 


There you have two easy crafts for any occasion! Be inspired and create!





No comments:

Post a Comment