Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ideas Worth Trying

I am always looking for new craft ideas and it seems I've got a collection of ideas at the moment. Here are a few projects I think are worth trying. 

Decorative Plates


I've got big plans for this plate. I love the white with written words. The trick is to bake the plate after you've gotten it all written out. What will I be doing with this idea? I will be writing Christmas lyrics and using it as a piece of my Christmas dining decor! You'll have to wait a few more months to see this outcome. 


If you don't want to pay a fortune for decorative plates, take a stab at decoupage. This is a cheap way to get an expensive look. Find some old barn wood to make a chic decorative display. 

Picture Frames


I love this idea! Just a few wooden blocks, some paint and twine! These are great for small spaces or your office. Check out the website, ByStephanieLynn, for step by step details! 



Looking for a twist on picture frames or a cork board? Try chicken wire. These are innovative and super cute. Spray paint some old frames, add some wire and grab some clothes pins! Check out this website, LemonadeMakinMama, for step by step instructions! 

Hope you've found at least one new project to start. All inexpensive but make a big statement! Be inspired and create!


No comments:

Post a Comment