Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Getting Organized

So I've decided it's time to get organized! I mean seriously dedicating time and creativity to getting my home in order. A few things on the list to organize are my kitchen cabinets, drawers and pantry, craft room and storage pieces, closets, and a bit of the bathroom. No doubt this will take some time, but I'm thinking I will thoroughly enjoy this. I've started collecting inspiration for ideas, so far here are a few craft and closet ideas.

Organization Inspiration


Gift wrap storage is a must. Besides Christmas and birthdays it seems I've always got a baby shower or wedding shower gift to buy and wrap. I definitely need this stuff in a handy easy accessible location.


My fellow crafters know that being creative comes with lots of papers, stencils, scissors, adhesives, and embellishments. I need a better way to organize my papers for sure. I've got a couple of ideas similar to what is seen here. This looks amazing, but I'd add a little color.


I was drawn to this picture because of the metal grid storage bin. I saw something similar to this at TJ Maxx this weekend, only it hangs vertically. I couldn't decide if I should get it or not, and now I am thinking I need to go back. Maybe a little spray paint will be in its future. This would be a good piece for magazines, stickers, or notepads.


First of all I love this blue cabinet and what seems to be wallpaper placed in the background. Organizing with bins is always easy and successful. Adding cute tags is always a must.


Simple and easy, no explanation needed. I don't know why I haven't done this yet.


I have my photos semi organized right now. I like how these are individually organized and they look way cute!


My paper work is also a bit organized, but I could do better. I love the color coordination here, looks clean and nice.


This is a great idea for belt organization. I've got a similar idea in my head, I might have the hubby work on this next weekend.




Both of these closets look great. They are clutter free and color coordinated.


Definitely need to something like this! I am in desperate need of better shoe organization/storage.

Starting My Organization

I started a little bit of organization this weekend. Mostly working on my closet. I went to TJ Maxx and bought these fabulous skirt and dress slack hangers.


Skirt Hanger


Slack Hanger


I not only used them for my skirts and work pants, but my basic tank tops too. Worked like a charm!




These are also great for organizing your weekly outfits!


Random Tip:
If you buy a new comforter set,keep the packaging to store old infrequently used quilts and comforters. This will keep your linen closet looking neat and tidy.



Be inspired and create!



No comments:

Post a Comment