Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Crazy about Curtains

Sometimes I think I am most obsessive about my curtains. I always have a vision in my head and of course it's not a vision you can buy off the shelf. Custom made curtains can certainly be a show stopper, they are there to make a statement. I found some rooms that have put a great emphasis on their curtain selection and really warm the space up.

So this isn't a traditional use for curtains, but it sure is fabulous. If you are wanting this look pick a bold pattern to frame your bed. Definitely loving this look!


Green velvet. Must I say more? The rest of this room is muted and toned down. The dab of green couldn't look more great in this space. I also recommend deep red, navy or dark purple.


I know it's been done over and over, but black and white stripes just look good. The vertical lines in a tall space draw the eye upward to the architectural detail. Can't go wrong here.


Great pattern and a whole lot of color. I will imagine the rest of this space is light and clean, with touches of great throw pillows.


No color no pattern, no problem! Using curtain panels to replace a door adds character in itself. This is a great way to make your space unique.


I don't have tall ceilings like these, but If I did I would have draperies all the way to the ceiling. If you don't want to overwhelm yourself with a busy paint color in a large space this is a great alternative to adding color.

 If you really want to get after it use two or three different patterns to complete your look. I love the layered drapery look.


To all those inspired by peacock schemes, here is a perfect palette for you collection! Combining two or more fabrics to make one panel will set your draperies a part from the rest. Don't be scared to get creative.

                                                             

Curtains can be a great way to create a focal point in your space. Don't be afraid to try something bold, the statement will be worth the risk. As always, be inspired and create!

No comments:

Post a Comment