Thursday, December 15, 2011

Color Splash

I love this living room because it adds just the right amount of color and in doing so creates a room full of personality! I can imagine this room belonging to a couple of college roommates or a single girl living in the city. Whatever the case you are sure to get a few compliments from your guests.



I had a lot of fun finding pieces for this room and I hope you like my choices!

Get the Look

We will start with the furniture selection. I found this great sofa from Target that is very clean and simple. Keeping a simple couch will help draw attention to the smaller details in your room. Nail head ottomans are very popular right now so it wasn't hard to find one. This one came from Wal-Mart but I'm sure a local furniture store would have one that is very similar. I love the two chairs I found from Way Fair! I couldn't find one with a zebra cushion but the blue and white textured cushions fit right in!
Upholstered Love seat
From: Target

Brown Tufted Ottoman
From: Wal-Mart


White Frame Chair
From: WayFair


White Frame Chair
From: WayFair



I love love this garden stool from Homedecodirect! It turns perfectly into a side table. I picked out a wood stump table in case you wanted something a little different. I think it would work great in this room.
Orange Garden Stool
From: Homedecodirect.com

Orange taboret table
From: Poshliving

Wood Stump Table
From: WestElm


Both pieces of lighting came from ZGallerie. This chandelier adds great texture and character to the room. It is a great focal point. We kept the table lamp simple with a clear base and white lamp shade.

Jupiter Chandelier
From: ZGallerie

Gabrielle Table Lamp
From: ZGallerie
Accents pull the entire room together. Crate and Barrel had these wicker trays in multiple sizes, keep in mind your ottoman size when making your choice. Since I couldn't find a chair with a zebra cushion I found an accent pillow to throw on the chair. I replaced the bug accent pillow with this fish pillow. Lovely if you ask me! Company C had this orange giraffe pillow, but you will have to find a local retailer near you. If you like saving money like I do then you will appreciate the West Elm pillow covers, a lot cheaper than buying new pillows! Finding light blue drapery panels should be relatively easy. I found these at Bed Bath and Beyond.

Wicker Tray
From: Crate & Barrel

Zebra Print Pillow
From: Amazon

Fish Pillow
From: BurkeDecor

Orange Giraffe Pillow
From: Company C

Pillow Covers
From: WestElm

Blue Drapes
From: Bed Bath & Beyond
Here are the basic items for this room. Add your own unique accents to reflect your personal style! Be Inspired and Create!

No comments:

Post a Comment