Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas at my house

Christmas is my favorite holiday! I love decorating my tree and adding Christmas accents throughout the house. This year I stuck with the traditional red and green color scheme. My main focal points were my tree and dining table. I made some chair tiebacks, which I will show you how to make later. Here are some of my holiday accents!


Christmas Tree


Close Up
  To start I used green mesh ribbon and layered it with a solid metallic red ribbon. I added the candy cane mesh ribbon to add some pattern. The ornaments consist of glittered red and green balls, both large and small, large gold balls, round candy cane stems, poinsettia stems, candy cane ornaments, decorative stems and my personal favorite white wooden snowflakes!

Whimsical stockings


Decorative Ornaments on candle sticks


Christmas chair tiebacks


Close up
I love my chair tiebacks! They consist of mesh ribbon, leopard ribbon and two gold ornaments. Check back this week to see how to do this yourself! 
Christmas cookie jar

Dining table


Plate setting

Center Piece
I wanted to add suttle Christmas accents to my dining table. I added the green in my centerpiece and it could be used year round. For my place settings I layered gold chargers with an elegant plate I found at Kohls. In between I placed a neutral table napkin and wrapped the decorative plate in red tulle. To top it off I added a few gold and red ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment